Well, Halloween is over which means Thanksgiving is just around the corner! It’s such a beautiful time to celebrate with friends and family the way they do best. Generally, no matter what your traditions are food is always involved.
You may have noticed this through our social media posts, but here at Yroo, we absolutely love food! Some of us are cooks, some are bakers. Some are experts on all the must-try hotspots in town. Some are sweet tooths, some are even specialty coffee experts. So, we thought we’d share some easy, classic, and delicious Thanksgiving recipes to help you prepare for your family gathering.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Did someone say bacon? We did! And it’s so easy – there are literally two ingredients: bacon and asparagus. Start your friends and family off with this guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
● A bunch of asparagus (20 stalks or so)
● A package of bacon
● Wash asparagus, trim off the end, and pat dry
● Slice bacon strips down the centre to create 2 long thin pieces
● Wrap the bacon around the asparagus and place on foil lined baking sheet
● Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
Green Bean Casserole
So simple, so delicious, and so hearty. We love this recipe because you can easily prep it beforehand and just throw it into the oven before it’s time to eat. Plus there’s green beans so you get your veggies!
● Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans, and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3-qt. casserole dish
● Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, stir
● Top with remaining crispy onions and bake for 5 more minutes
*If you want to be fancy, you can add in some bacon bits and American cheddar cheese to the topping
Sweet Potato Pie
You really can’t go wrong with this Southern classic. It’s seasonal, it’s scrumptious, and you even have the option to add marshmallows!
● In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg, and vanilla
● Stir in sweet potatoes
● Pour into pie shell
● Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil
● Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
● Remove foil, bake for another 15 minutes (this would also be the time to add marshmallows) and enjoy!
As the best shopping search engine, Yroo really does have everything for you to shop smarter online. From the casserole dishes to baking sheets to aluminum foil, to perhaps a whisk we’ve got you covered. Great brands to browse for all your cookware needs include Walmart, Kitchen Source, the Sears Outlet, UnbeatableSale, Hayneedle, and Kmart.
Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Eating!